Thursday, November 25, 2010

Something to be Grateful for

Allie, Corey, Sara, and Mom. Brookie was there in spirit :)
Erinne wasn't there because she isn't much for baking...

I was able to bake Thanksgiving pies yesterday morning with my mom and sisters. It was the first time in 4 years that I have been in Utah to participate in this annual tradition and it might be awhile before it happens again. It was just like old times, with Christmas tunes playing in the background while we worked. The only thing missing was my Louisiana sis, Brookie!

We were able to whip up 8 pies in all: Two caramel pecan, two pumpkin, two sour cream lemon, and two baked apple. Allie is hosting her in-laws tomorrow so she will take half of the pies with her. My aunt Shelly isn't pictured but she was there as well, helping entertain the babies while the older kids destroyed the basement by making forts out of couch cushions.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I love this picture! I was definitely there in spirit harmonizing to Celine Dion Christmas tunes :)

Jamie said...

I love this picture too...you all look so happy. When I first saw the picture I thought that Corey was Brooke and was wondering where Corey was :)

I took your advice and doubled the topping for the dessert. It made the house smell so good that Emily was begging for a slice last night. I told her no of course.

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving being with your family, it's to bad that Brooke can't be there. Take care!

Ashley said...

You look GORGEOUS. ALl of y'all do - but oh goodness you look amazing. I Love this pic. And yea for being home to celebrate in fun traditions.

ALSO: LOVE that Ryan was able to be there . it almost made me want to cry for you - only because I have an idea of what it's like to not have your husband home. Granted, not for months at a time, but isn't it the best feeling when you finally get a day to hang out with him/have a break from the kids and you don't feel guilty someone else is watching them?

I wish I was there to offer you a free date night!!!! I love you girl! Can't wait to see you next month!!!