Last week was my sweet nephew's 5th birthday. Solomon was born with a heart defect and only lived to be 18 days old. Each year his family celebrates "Service for Solomon" by inviting others to do small acts of service over a period of 18 days (November 12th-November 30th) in honor of Solomon's short life. With Becky's permission I am inviting you to do the same. Feel free to leave anonymous comments on Solomon's blog.
I love that someone so small has had such a significant impact on so many lives. I love that Solomon's parents have turned what most would consider a tragedy into a wonderful blessing. I look forward to this celebration every year and would encourage you to read Becky's post about things their family has learned through this experience. I couldn't help but feel grateful for my blessings. Read it. It will make you feel grateful too.

No comments:
Post a Comment