A friend of mine recently told me about her family's bi-annual General Conference traditions and how she made the weekend special for her young children. I thought her ideas were great and I tried one of them out this morning. It was a success so I couldn't wait to share it with all my fellow mommies-to-young-children out there.
 |
| Earlier this week I took the kids to the grocery store and let each family member pick out a special treat "para la conferencia." It got them really excited and counting down how many naps they had to take before the big day came (our timeline currently operates in terms of the number of naps before such-and-such fun event takes place). This morning I pulled out the treats and placed them in different cups with common conference words on them. |
 |
| Each time the kids heard one of the chosen words, they got to choose a treat from that cup. It worked wonders for their attention during this morning's session. |
 |
| Isaac really wanted Rolos as his treat, so I succumbed even though the caramel chocolates are a bit larger than I would have liked for our little game (as opposed to Skittles or Bottle Caps) . I put them in the cup labeled "temples" thinking that it was a word that would be less frequently spoken this morning. Until President Monson's talk, that is. I'm pretty sure he dropped the word "temple" 10 times in about 1.5 minutes. Isaac could hardly contain himself as he kept counting out Rolos from the plastic cup. "Oh, he said it again! Oh, and again!" |
Hooray for a temple in Durban, South Africa!! Woot! Woot!
2 comments:
great idea! Might be tring this out tomorrow. thanks for the mathcing game tip this morning as well. I am LOVING Conference!!!
That is awesome! I'm trying it next conference.
Post a Comment