Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Easy to Please

Last week was just one of those weeks: sick kids, sleepless nights, too many tests, too many tantrums, and too much winter. So this past weekend we made up for it by spending a little quality time together.
We took the kids to B&N and bought them a book.
It actually got up into the high 40s on Saturday--it felt like the 80s! We went for a walk at our favorite park, Gray's Lake, to celebrate. I actually saw a woman running in shorts and a tank top. It must have felt like the 80s to her as well.
We even took the kids to their favorite grocery store. They have the coolest car carts. Isaac has a blast driving them around-he loves to rev his engine at everyone. Maddie thought she was pretty cool as well. Little kids can be so easy to please. I'll enjoy it while it lasts...
We even caught Isaac giving Maddie some kisses--check out the slobber on his arm that she gave him in return. She doesn't seem to mind having someone almost twice her body weight pounce on her.
Ryan and Isaac ended the night by building a snowman on our deck, complete with rocks for a mouth, a broccoli nose, and red pepper eyes.
We enjoyed the break from the frigid winter while it lasted, and sadly we are back to subzero temperatures today. Spring come quickly!!

5 comments:

Chrissy Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chrissy Jo said...

Oh! We too love the race car carts. That picture of Maddie is adorable... in fact all of them are! I love your cute kiddos.

What cool parents you are. You teach your kids spanish. You go out and buy a book instead of another toy. So cool.

Thanks again for the cinnamon rolls! We devoured them and they totally made my day. :-)

Oh, and FYI, this weekend it's supposed to warm up again! YAY!

Liz said...

Hooray for warm weekends and family outings. I totally knew that picture was in B&N before I read the caption. I recognized the chair.

jodie said...

What an exciting outing! I bet you're looking forward to another warm Saturday tomorrow!

Kandis said...

Glad you were able to get out and spend some QT together! Sounds like it was a lot of fun! Also, I cracked up at Ryan's post about 25 things about him! You guys are the greatest!