Sunday, February 15, 2009

$3 Limit

It's been a tradition since our first Valentine's day together to eat Thai food. I love Thai food. A few years ago Ryan and I started another tradition of setting a $3 limit on Valentine's Day gifts for one another. It sounds a little hokey but it has actually been a lot of fun and forces us to be creative.
This year we expanded on the tradition a little bit two include the entire family. Isaac and Ryan bought gifts for Maddie and I (since we doubled the members of our family, we have doubled our limit to 6 big ones), while Maddie and I were in charge of gifts for Ryan and Isaac. We had a really good time and I hope to do something similar every year.
Maddie scored some gourmet Gerber yogurt puffs for V-day. She and Isaac downed the whole bag in no time.
We got Isaac a bubble-blowing airplane.
It was a hit.
Ironically, I bought Ryan the latest flavor of Ben and Jerry's (Imagine Whirled Peace--highly recommend it), while he bought me some hand weights I've been wanting to have while exercising (he broke the rules by a few bucks which means I'm going to go HUGE for his birthday at the end of the week--no holds barred, honey!).

1 comment:

Brooke said...

So cute!! I want to see live video of Isaac with this bubble machine.