Thursday, February 26, 2009
The Games we're Playing
Remember how I told you that Maddie loves to play around on Isaac's car with him?
Maddie still loves this toy car, but this morning she took it to a new level. She was playing contentedly on the car when I turned my back----suddenly she was doing a full on "Evil Knievel"---looking like a total dare devil with white knuckles on the handle bars and all. I figured since I pressed my luck with the mid-somersault picture in the last post that I should get her down on the ground instead of opting to take a picture. As soon as I pulled her down though, she climbed right back up again, hands on the handle bars and feet on the seat. I thought girls were supposed to be more tame than boys! I swear Isaac didn't climb nearly as much as she does at this age (either that or I blocked out those memories...) Here she is pulling herself up on the entertainment center...
...and attempting to transfer over to the toy basket (somewhat successfully). She is getting her share of bruises these days.
Isaac's new favorite game is to stack cars on top of each other and then try to drive them around. He is so proud of himself when he succeeds...and when he isn't successful and the cars tumble to the ground, an inevitable meltdown occurs. Imagine my joy when I was at a garage sale the other day with a couple of friends and found an entire bag of stackable toy cars/blocks all in one---for a dollar!!! Exactly what I was looking for! I love steals like that! I also found two or three other toys (all a dollar, thank you very much) for Isaac's b-day next month, and one toy that I had been wanting to buy for Maddie (did I mention that it was also only a dollar? I didn't? Only a dollar!) that I almost paid over $20 for at Toys r Us! Seriously, just thinking about it makes me so proud of myself :)
One other game we've been playing is "Family Memory." The hardest part about living away from family is thinking that my kids won't have a relationship with their grandparents/aunts/uncles/cousins and that they won't remember them. This game eases my mind a little bit. It's two identical pictures of each member of our family that I glued onto tag board. Isaac isn't quite ready to play traditional Memory, but if I show him a picture he tells me the names of the people in it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That family memory is the cutest thing! What a great idea!
You know I am no good at commenting on blogs. But I have to give it up to you for the deals that you found. I am not going to lie I get a little jealous when other people get great deals. Good find. I am soooo proud. Oh and by the way we are 2 months from today. :)
It has always amazed me how fast the second child catches on to things. She is going to be walking before you know it. Your memory game turned out so cute. I still want to make one.
Post a Comment