Monday, February 23, 2009

So that I can Remember

Here is a video of Isaac singing a couple of songs. I wanted to capture this for myself more than anyone else (though I think the Grandparents will enjoy it), so that in a few years, when Isaac has grown up a bit, I'll be able to remember what his little voice sounded like when he was almost two years old.
Here is a video of Maddie pulling herself up on her favorite toy. As you can see, she is still making her way around with her little shoulder shimmy/army crawl. I wouldn't be surprised if she never crawls conventionally because she seems to get around just fine with her tummy crawl.
She's also recently started scooting across furniture. If you listen closely, after we cheer for her she lets out her little "smoker's yelp." She has such a deep scratchy voice that she sounds like she's been smoking a pack a day for 20 years.
Before you call child protective services on me, you should know that home girl dove into the toy basket while I was snapping the picture. I got out the camera when I saw her trying to lean over to reach a toy. She wasn't making a peep--no squealing, not even any grunting. As I went to snap the picture, she made a nose dive into the basket. Even after falling into the toys, she was still so focused on getting her toy that she didn't even let out a little yelp! She may be laid back, but this little girl also has determination.

7 comments:

Laura Bernard said...

I won't call child services on you if you don't call on me. Jonas was forgotten in time out last week. I think he was in there for thirty minutes. But he wasn't crying, he was happily playing when I found him, so I guess that's not so bad. That's one of the hazards of having lots of kids. There's enough commotion around you don't notice when one is missing. (This was after school when everyone was home.)

Miss you!

Liz said...

George scooted around just like that for, oh, probably six weeks. Then, one day, he was crawling! Of course, I miss the little scooter. I thought it was so cute.

Chrissy Jo said...

I love the videos, and absolutely love the picture! Hilarious! And she wasn't even hurt. I take pictures of my kids when they're crying or throwing fits... so I am in no place to judge. :-)

Chris and Sally said...

Brooke did the exact same thing today and I wish I had had my camera. She nose dived into a toy bin of balls and it didn't even phase her. Isaac has the cutest little voice, what a sweetheart.

Linda said...

I loved the videos! Your kids and very cute and funny. I was checking out the rest of your blog too because I haven't had time to keep up with everyones, including my own. Anywho, I just wanted to tell you what a great Mother I think you are. You're so talented and your kids are lucky to have a mami like you!

Anonymous said...

Love you blog! Your kids are way too cute! I can't wait to try the granola bars, thanks for sharing them with me.

Kelly said...

Isaac sings so good. I could help but smile. Austin crawled exactly the same way. I think he might have started to crawl normal for about two weeks before he started walking. Your little video reminded me so much of him. Ha, ha, ha is all I can say for the last picture.