Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Must-See TV

Have you seen the Great British Baking Show? I'd heard buzz about it for awhile but frankly thought it sounded like a snoozer so I avoided it. Curiosity finally got the best of me and once I started watching it was hook, line, and sinker. I even got Ryan to willingly watch it with me. It's like any other reality TV show but it's unlike any other reality TV show because there is virtually NO drama between contestants. No back-biting, no sabotaging, and no snarky remarks at or about the judges. It's totally a show that the whole family can watch (Davis, my little sous chef, joined us a few times). Give it a watch for a couple of episodes, you might be surprised how much you like it. Now excuse me while I go try to master the art of baking French Macarons.

2 comments:

GRP said...

Yep we love it too. To bad we have watched all the seasons... They also have a master class series on netflix where the hosts go into depth on how to make the key items well.

sarita said...

I've seen the master class a couple of times and it gives me a good Paul and Mary fix---but I must admit I like the contestant aspect best.