Wednesday, March 14, 2012

From the Mouth of My Babe

Taking a rest on the trail last week during an afternoon bike ride.  Isaac and Maddie love Preston and Lillie!
Yesterday morning I went into Maddie and Davis' room after hearing them wake up. To my surprise, Davis was out of his crib (he attempted this in Utah but this was his first time trying that stunt in his own crib. I had an ounce of hope that he wouldn't attempt doing it for at least six months or so).

"Davy," I questioned, "How did you get out of your crib? You shouldn't do that, it's dangerous." To which Maddie replied, "Oh, it's okay, mom. I learn-ded him how to do it. I learn-ded him how to get out AND how to get back in! Watch!" To which Davis used the knobs to climb up his dresser, lunged his body forward until his belly was teetering on top of his crib, and then toppled onto the mattress head first. Thanks for being such a good teacher, Mads.

Goodbye shred of freedom.

Hello big-boy bed.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Hahaha LOVE it!!

Chrissy Jo said...

Ahhhh! I'm always so sad when they learn how to climb out of their crib... especially at not quite 2! What a big boy. He must have a great teacher. ;-)

Laura Bernard said...

Poor you!!! A crib-less one year old! After Owen learned to climb out, Grace confessed to helping him figure it out as well. I'm sure she thought it was a great lesson to teach him. I was far less amused. Good luck getting him to sleep without being trapped!

Brenda said...

That is super cute. Maddie must be a great teacher!!

thepalmierifamily said...

One of my least favorite transitions is from crib to toddler bed! Good-bye to sleeping for at least several nights. My other least favorite is potty training. :)