Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Two

Our littlest man turned two yesterday and we had fun celebrating his special day. 

It began with a little snuggle time with his dad. Ryan's current rotation isn't too intense and he was able to spend a  little bit of time with the d-man before he headed off to work. 

He was pretty excited about this dump truck from Grandma and Grandpa. He had fun opening his presents and eating donuts for breakfast. After spending the morning playing with his toys, we had a few friends over for cupcakes.

"Cheeeeeeese!"


For at least two years I have relied exclusively on Sam's Club to make my children's birthday cakes, so for his birthday I got my domestic diva on and made these fun little treats for the kids. Since Davis is our little monster, I thought these cupcakes were appropriate for the occasion.
And these raspberry lemon ones for the moms. They are a must-try for spring! They better be because it just might be another two years before I make homemade cupcakes again. The recipe can be found here.

Our green monster.

After a nap and some time at the library with Aunt Brookie, we ended the day with Happy Meals at McDonald's. It was fitting that Davis learned how to climb up to the big slide at the play land on his big day. I guess turning two really does make you bigger.

Happy Birthday, Davy!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy birthday Davis! Love the cupcakes.

Ashley said...

Girlfriend, your post cracked me up and sounded so like you! How is Davis 2? Really? That's CRAZY! So glad Ryan could spend some extra cuddle time with the birthday cutie, and let's talk about those CUPCAKES? Hello Martha! I'm so so impressed and love even more than you used Sams for 2 years. But then you bust out your creative juices on me and I want to reach through the screen and eat all that yumminess! Wish I lived close and could've helped celebrate ;(.

MISS & ♥ YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jodie said...

What?! How is that little stud 2 years old already? Makes me realize how long it has been since we left Iowa. Crazy! Davis sure is a cutie!

Mark and Aupreille said...

I can't believe he is two already. He doesn't even look like how I remember! I've been thinking about you lots lately and keep wanting to call but then I remember you are on East Coast time and we are now on Pacific so it's always like midnight your time and I don't think you would appreciate my call at that hour :)