Next week our Mads will cross the 3.5 year mark.
![]() |
| This picture pretty much sums up her personality for me. |
- Maddie is kind, thoughtful, sticky sweet ("Mom, do you know who I love more than anyone else in the WHOLE WORLD?...YOU!..and Isaac and Davy and Papa..."), feisty, demanding, fiercely independent, determined, and unpredictable.
- She loves to help out unless it involves cleaning up toys.
- She is as friendly as she was 3 years ago and makes new friends anytime we go out in public.
- She loves to eat just about any fruit, candy, carbs, carbs, carbs, and carrot sticks. She rarely eats anything I make for dinner without a lot of coercion.
- Like most three-year-old girls she also loves princesses and Rapunzel is her favorite. She wears her Rapunzel dress just about everyday.
- Her favorite colors are pink and purple and I overheard her tell Isaac that she would be happy if the whole world were pink.
![]() |
| She loves her brothers and loves to fight with them, too. You wouldn't believe how fast she can turn on the water works in an attempt to get her way. |
- Maddie is my little sidekick. This past semester I was called to team teach an institute class downtown and she and Davis come with me while Ike is at school Maddie insists on wearing a dress and tights, too, because I am required to dress up.
- She loves school and has recently shown a growing interest in learning how to read. I have been doing lessons with her in the same book I used with Isaac. We are about halfway done with the lessons and I am really proud of how far she has come--it's hard work learning to read (you'll have to turn the volume all the way up if you watch the video--it's a little muffled).
- She insists on picking out all of her own outfits and I usually let her have full reign in that department...even if it means snow boots in the summer or socks on top of her tights. I do, however, make her get dressed if we are going out. She loves loves loves her pjs so this is often a battle with us. Just yesterday, in fact, though I reminded her several times that she needed to get dressed, she wasn't ready when it was time to go. So I made her leave the house in her underpants. She was not happy but she was ready with clothes on in plenty of time this morning =)
- She is still small for her age. In fact, she and Davis currently wear the same size footsie pajamas (2T).
![]() |
| Making a paper countdown chain for Christmas. |
Just this morning I had the following conversation with her:
Maddie: "When I am thirteen I am going to be a mama, too!"
Me: "Uhhh...or maybe when you're twenty-three...or even thirty?"
Maddie: "Yeah, or twenty-eighty!"
Me: "Sounds good to me."
She is constantly cracking me up and putting a smile on my face. I will continue to record the funny things that come out of her mouth for as long as she continues to say them!
She is constantly cracking me up and putting a smile on my face. I will continue to record the funny things that come out of her mouth for as long as she continues to say them!



1 comment:
Such a fun girl! The leaving in her underpants cracks me up. Love it. I can totally relate. Most weeks we pick out outfits for the week on Saturday and put them in little hanging shoe organizer pockets from the dollar aisle in target. It's a huge frustrating pain sometimes but it sure makes getting dressed during the week sooo much easier for the girls and I.
Post a Comment