Sunday, November 13, 2011

From the Mouth of My Babe

Maddie and her friend, Lillie, pulling their wagons at the local apple orchard a couple of months ago. Photo credit to Kami Brown.

At least once a day Maddie tells me that I'm "a super-duper chef!" (she rarely eats anything I make willingly), and yesterday she exclaimed, "This is the most beautiful place I ever did see!" (we were walking through a parking garage). I guess a little optimism never hurt anybody.

1 comment:

Laura Bernard said...

What a crack up!!! That girl is awesome! Let's hope she keeps it up. I could sure use an eleven year old with that sort of optimism. Although James did kindly say tonight that eating at home is better food than eating out. So maybe that means he thinks I'm a "super-duper chef!"

In other news, I may have found someone to come speak Spanish to my family!!! It's getting me all excited and gunho again! She'd also be help with laundry and stuff, so Double Win for me! (And Aaron and I are going to Cancun for a week after Thanksgiving. I really gotta brush up my Spanish!)