Monday, October 1, 2012

From the Mouth of My Babe

Superheroes on their motorbike.
"Someone started a 'boys only club' at recess, but I didn't want to join it," Isaac exclaimed one day after school.
Out of curiosity, I asked him, "How come you decided not to join the 'boys only' club?"
"Because," he said, "next year, Maddie will be in kindergarten, and if she isn't allowed in it then I don't want to play in it either."

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Well done Issac! This is one of those moments that make all the motherhood crap totally worth it! What a rock star that little guy is! NICE JOB!

Carlee said...

Jack was totally the kid trying to start the club. There is apparently a 'girl's club' and since he wasn't allowed in there, he has been trying to start a 'boy's club'. We have had many nightly discussions about how it's not nice to have clubs where people are left out. Luckily a teacher told one of his friends that it's not allowed, so we might be hearing the end of this one. I wish Jack had Ike's attitude on this one...

maryp said...

Isaac is the kind of older brother everyone should have! What a good boy!

thepalmierifamily said...

Isaac you get the brother of the year award. You're learning already to make really good choices!

Laura Bernard said...

Awe! Warm your mama heart, huh? What a sweetie! Is she really going to Kindergarten NEXT year? Is that possible? My goodness. Kuddos to you, mama, for raising such a considerate little guy.