Thursday, October 25, 2012

Isaac @ 5 1/2 Years Old

Hiking with the family last weekend.
  • Nothing makes Isaac happier than Legos and Ninjas, so Ninjago Legos are a dream come true. Ryan thought it would be fun to show him the end clip of Karate Kid, so now Ike can often be found practicing his "crane move." Let's just say he has a ways to go before he gets to Daniel-Son's level. 

Everybody loves Saturdays, but Maddie in particular "because I get to be with Isaac all day!" I think he misses her while he's gone all day as well.

I was able to join Isaac on his first field trip. We went to a nearby apple orchard. It was really fun to see him interact with his teacher and peers. My favorite part was how excited he seemed to have his mama there with him--I felt like a superstar. My normally less-affectionate boy couldn't stop hugging me and holding my hand. It was really cute. 

Always a Ninja.
 Since starting school, Isaac's vocabulary is just exploding. He often attempts to use big words, though not always in the right context. It's pretty funny and pretty adorable.
Who is this girl making a move on my little boy? Just for the record, he was there first.

  • Getting Isaac to pray often takes some convincing, but when I am successful, he says some pretty funny and often touching things. Just tonight he prayed the following: "...and please bless me to have a very happy Halloween  and that I will be able to share all the candy that I don't like with other people, and the toys I don't like, that I will share those, too. And please help me to remember Jesus on Halloween and remember the true meaning of Halloween so that I can feel the Holy Ghost that day..." I'd say there are plenty of teachable moments to choose from in that prayer. I might have my work cut out for me.

2 comments:

Krissy said...

We just got the game Creationary (it's like pictionary, but with Legos instead of drawing). This game is a must for his Christmas list. He will love it!

maryp said...

LOL! I love his prayer-the true meaning of Halloween! What a cutie!