![]() |
| It's much more fun to be a mother when your kids are getting along. |
- Fall has definitely arrived here in CT. The leaves have started changing colors (so beautiful!), hoodies are a daily part of our wardrobe, and we even put our air conditioning units away until next summer. I love this time of year and am crossing my fingers that it lasts until Thanksgiving.
- Isaac and Maddie both seem to have fallen into the school routine quite well. I like the structure that it gives us during the week, and I think everyone in the family has a new-found love for Saturdays. It can often be heard on Saturday mornings, "Mom, can we stay in our pajamas all morning if we want to?" One of my favorite new habits that Isaac has adopted is that of raising his hand--he raises his hand almost nightly at dinner if he has a question or wants to say something. Makes me smile every time.
![]() |
| Having a pretend sleepover with big sis. |
- I am so so so excited about the announcement from General Conference regarding the age change for missionary work in The Church. What a difference this could make! My mission changed me in so many positive ways that I can only hope for it for all of my children. Not everyone needs a mission, but I can't imagine what my life would be like if I hadn't served. So many life lessons were learned. I still reap the blessings from that decision I made almost 13 years ago.
- Speaking of General Conference, there were so many great talks, weren't there? As is to be expected, Elder Holland's talk, "The First Great Commandment" on Sunday morning was one of my favorites---I love how he is using so many New Testament examples in his discourses these days. We are currently studying Jesus the Christ in Institute, so his examples are taking on more and more meaning as we study the life of Christ this semester. I also loved Elder Gay's talk, "What Shall a Man Give in Exchange for His Soul?", Elder Oaks' talk, "Protect the Children", and President Uchtdorf's talk, "Of Regrets and Resolutions."
![]() |
| Maddie at college football pre-game party for kids. She watched the kids 3x her age go down the slide before her and got too many daredevil ideas. |
- I think the D-Man might have turned a corner in his toddlerhood. He has recently become easier to reason with, slower to anger, more likely to listen, and generally a happier child. He cracks us up on a daily basis and it is fun to finally be able to see his little personality come to light. He seems to shine best when we have guests that give him lots of love and attention. He really won over his grandparents last week.
- LEGOS are taking over our home. I am happy that both Isaac and Maddie are in love with these little plastic blocks, but they are seriously EVERYWHERE. Ryan has already put a ban on LEGOS for Christmas, insisting that we give them something else. I don't think it will last.
- My dear friend, Kandis, is coming to visit us for Thanksgiving. I am so very excited. Ryan will be working that day so it will make the holiday much more fun to have her around. Plus, I can't wait to see her.We really have so much to look forward to.


.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment