Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Maddie's Birthday

On June 7th we celebrated Maddie's third birthday. In all honesty, I am glad that she will probably never remember anything about this year's celebration. We were right in the thick of moving into our rental home in Connecticut and I didn't pay nearly enough attention to our little birthday girl. Having the extra attention with Grandma Mary-Ann in town and Aunt Brookie here to celebrate, luckily she didn't even seem to notice.
Opening birthday presents in the morning.

Grandma Mary-Ann brought her a Rapunzel dress. Needless to say , she loved it. She wears it almost daily and  only responds to Rapunzel. She loves to stand on our stairs (her tower) and sing all the Tangled songs. 

We had donuts with sprinkles for breakfast. D was in heaven.

Maddie mowing down her Rapunzel cupcake.



The night ended with watching Tangled (per the birthday girl's request) and  a dance with her prince.


3 comments:

Chrissy Jo said...

I LOVE the cupcake picture!!! Perfect silly Maddie face. I absolutely love that dress. I would pay money to see Maddie standing at the top of her tower in that dress singing Tangled songs. Oh, how I miss that sassy sweet little girl.

Oh, and I love that Ryan was her prince and dance with her at the end of the night. What an awesome Dad. :-)

Becky said...

She's the perfect Rapunzel - spunky, beautiful, and completely enchanting! And she has the one thing Rapunzel was lacking - fabulous parents.
Happy birthday Maddie!!

Matt and Erin said...

So glad to hear from you, Sara! I've missed you and have been wondering how your cross-country trek and getting settled has gone. Hope all is well and that you're loving Connecticut! Miss you!