Thursday, June 23, 2011

Grandma Mary-Ann's visit

A few days after we drove into Connecticut, Mary-Ann flew out to our rescue. I don't think she has ever come to visit us and just had a relaxing vacation. We are always either moving or taking care of a newborn (most times it's both of those things). This time was no exception as we jumped into full-fledged decorating/planning/furniture-purchasing mode just hours after she took the red eye into JFK. Picking her up was Ryan's first time driving in NYC. It was even crazier than he imagined it would be.

 I never thought I would say it, but I am 100% sick of IKEA. Almost our entire house is now furnished with their products, and while I love how it has come together so beautifully, I don't plan on going back to their establishment for many moons. I know Ryan would be happy to never put together another piece of their furniture again! He was a trooper and worked day and night to get everything set up. Ike now knows how to use an Allen wrench.

I will post pictures of our new home-sweet-home soon, but for now you get photos of the few breaks that we did take over the course of the week she was here.
The human bubble machine at a nearby Children's museum.


 Bristol, home of the Children's Museum, is also the home of ESPN.


Checking out the reptiles with Grandma.



Getting ready to say goodbye.

D took a day or two to warm up to Grandma but before long they were bffs.

Maddie wanted to try out her photo-taking skills.

She thought Grandma had moved to Connecticut with us and was quite disappointed when she woke up Monday morning to find her gone.


We also were able to hit the beach, see some cool lighthouses, and eat some famous New Haven pizza. It was a great visit---we promise a much more relaxing one next time. Thanks Mary-Ann!


1 comment:

Laura Bernard said...

I'm SO waiting for pictures of your new stuff. I thought that's what I'd get in the post, and yet you disappoint. I see a nice black leather couch . . .

No pressure, but I am waiting. Glad you had a nice visit with her.

And loved the pictures of NYC. You going to Cars 2 tonight? We were going to but the boys got invited to a birthday party so we will wait til tomorrow. (or maybe even later as I'm sick with a fever and sore throat, after starting the week with Pink-eye! YUCK!) Not my best week, huh?