Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Maddie Age 3

Where do I begin with this little girl? As Ryan has put it, "I don't know how someone can be so sweet and so sassy at the same time." That about sums up our Maddie.
She loves to run.
She loves both of her brothers (she refers to Davis as "her baby"), but she is more patient with Ike than she is with D.
About a month ago I started asking Maddie if she wanted to cut her hair-wouldn't a cute bob be fabulous for the summer? She is adamant about having long hair though and I must admit I do love her blonde locks. She has told me several times that she can't cut her hair or it will turn brown and lose it's power. What is so wrong with brown hair?
Before her Rapunzel dress came along, this little number was her all-time favorite. She insisted on wearing it to the photo shoot and I chose not to fight it. 
I'm so glad I didn't because even though we didn't match just right for our family pics, this is just how I want to remember my Mads at age three. I also want to remember these things:

  • Maddie falls out of her bed at least a couple of times a week. She never cries or even calls for us. We just here a loud thud, sometimes some grumbling, and then she climbs back into bed. Half the time I don't think she even wakes up.
  • Friends have joked that she must be made of rubber because she can take a spill that would make me bedridden for a week, jump right back up and declare, "I'm OK!"
  • She is such a little mother to her dolls, her toys, and her brothers. I have to remind her often that I can take care of Davis, she just needs to take care of Maddie. 
  • I'm pretty sure she was born with her zest for life and it is as strong as ever. It is one of the things I love most about her. For days after her birthday, whenever we went anywhere in the car she would ask, "Are we going to my party?" No matter what we did, whether it was play at the beach or buy groceries at Walmart, she thought we were at her party. 
  • She rarely naps anymore but is a champ at quiet time and will play independently for hours. There are times when I am certain she has fallen asleep, but upon checking on her I realize she's just playing house or dolls or Dora quietly to her heart's content.
  • I would be willing to bet she is the most stubborn 3 year-old girl in the world. She pushes me to my limits with her determination.
  • She is fiercely independent.
  • We love her so very much- I am proud to be this little firecracker's mother!
Happy Birthday Maddie Moo!

3 comments:

Chrissy Jo said...

I really really really love that top picture. I also really really really really REALLY love Maddie! Happy Birthday, big girl! I'm sorry we missed calling and singing to you on your special day!

Chrissy Jo said...

Oh, and I want to see this Rapunzel dress! I'll be she looks ADORABLE!

That's Ms. Amy to You... said...

Happy Birthday Maddie! Hope you are all settling in at your new home.