A couple of weeks ago we decided to take the potty train plunge with Maddie. We took her to the store to pick out the beloved Dora Guitar that she has been eyeing for months, made a sticker chart, and stored the toy on top of the fridge where it could be seen but not touched. The music maker was just the trick we needed to motivate Maddie to make the switch to undies.
 |
| She earned a sticker each time she went to the potty. When the chart filled up, she would earn her toy. Only problem was, Davis peeled off the stickers as fast as Maddie put them on the chart. |
 |
| So we decided this morning that she could have her prize since she has been doing great, had several days without an accident, and seems to have gotten the hang of the whole undies thing. |
 |
| Unfortunately she was so excited that she peed her pants (OK, not right in that moment, but shortly thereafter). Alanis could write a song about that one. |
 |
| Isaac is a master at remembering the rules of sharing whenever someone else gets a new toy. |
We are so proud of Mads and her potty-training success (and so happy to cut our monthly diaper bill in half). Just in time, little one! Rock on!
7 comments:
Man, she's cute! I would give her a few stickers just for how adorable she is.
And congrats on Connecticut! They are lucky to have you and your family.
Awesome! I wish she was around to show Katie how its done. All in good time, I'm sure. And yea for fewer diapers.
Ha ha she peed her pants out of excitement...guess we've all been there at one time or another.
Haha! So funny! I love this post, and I love Brooke's comment:)
I haven't read your blog in awhile, it was fun reading all of your posts. I love your sly, sarcastic comments. Congratulations on moving to Conneticut! Can we come visit? That'd put us, plus our 3 boys in with your 3 kids...that'd be all right wouldn't it? :)
Rock on Maddie! It is a glorious day when you realize you are wiping one less bottom on an hourly basis.
Love it! I can hardly believe she is really old enough to be potty trained. Way to go Maddie!
Post a Comment