Monday, January 17, 2011

A Day on the Farm

My friend Kandis lives on a farm and invited us out to visit last Friday. The kids loved playing in the snow and seeing the animals. Kandis is one of the busiest people I know, so it meant a lot that she took the morning off to be with us. 
Checking out the sheep. The weather was really nice considering it's the middle of January.

The two dogs were the biggest hit of the morning, hands down.

Ike and Maddie love Kandis. She is like an aunt to them.

Slugger must weigh 4 times as much as Maddie, but she wasn't nearly as scared of him as I was. She loved bossing him around and kept talking about him long after we left the farm. 

Ike and the beloved John Deere.

Checking out the Clydesdale horses.

What was I thinking not bringing the stroller? My arm was dangerously close to falling off by the end of the morning. Even so, we had a great time. Thanks, Kandis!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

How fun! Your kids look like they've grown so much since I last saw them. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks.

Sam said...

That looks like so much fun! I totally think Kandis passes as one of your sisters. :)