Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas 2010

Our Christmas in pictures:
Dinner at PF Changs with my parents and siblings--it is the only time all year that we are together without children (we missed Brooke and Jeremy).

After we ate, my dad gave aprons to everyone--cute flirty ones to all the girls and manly ones with chef hats to all the boys. Here he is donning his chef's hat.



We started the tradition of going out to breakfast on Christmas Eve the first year that Ryan and I were married. Now the kids join us as well. Here is Ike at Einstein's Bagels. He is showing off his cinnamon-sugar-coated fingers.

Maddie insisted we take a picture of her fingers as well.

Christmas Eve with my parents always includes Mexican food and Henry Weinhart's rootbeer. Here Ike is downing his first cold one. 

My cousin Katy with D and Maddie. She is always so nice to our kids.

Brian was in charge of blended drinks this year. It's about time somebody put him in charge of something.

A Kodak moment when Maddie spontaneously embraced Harper instead of bossing her around.

Ike the shepherd before the first annual Christmas Eve nativity.

Ryan and Ike mowing down some Mexican food.

Ike and Fischer playing shepherds.

Davis and Harper sharing a smooch before the big production.

Maddie the angel.

Livy and Jake played Mary and Joesph.

Maddie loves Jake. The other day she told me that he was her best friend.

Believe it or not, Davis is the smallest (well, youngest) baby in the family and therefore won the role of baby Jesus.

The babe and I.
The production in action. This was taken right before D wriggled out of Livy's arm and landed on his head.


It didn't seem to faze him too much. When the shepherds started using their canes as swords, we wrapped things up pretty fast.

As expected, D's favorite Christmas gift was wrapping paper.

Ike and Fischer in their twin pjs on Christmas Eve.

Ike and his Monster Truck Lighting on Christmas morning.

D doing a little bit of baby yoga in between opening presents on Christmas morning.

All three kids on Christmas morning.

Unfortunately, I ran out of picture-taking steam by the time we got to Ryan's parents' home. I did get a couple of shots. Here is Maddie wearing her new kracker crown.

Ike with the race track from Grandma Mary-Ann and Grandpa Lynn. He was in heaven.

We had Ryan's parents out for dinner and FHE right after Christmas. Here are Maddie and Grandma playing puzzles together. 

D and Gramps playing with cars.



Bring on 2011!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I think baby Jesus is getting ready to walk off the set.

Matt and Erin said...

Merry Christmas! It sounds like your families have so many fun traditions! I love it!

BTW, when are you coming back to ice-covered Iowa? Where are you going to be living?

I was a hog and nabbed almost all of yours', Auprielle's, and Amanda's spices (way more than I'll ever use), so when you get back can I bring some over and see if you want them? Also, if you want any of the toys/books back, you're welcome to them. And don't feel pressured, but if you want to use our love seat for the four months you're here, I'd love it! It's got a couple springs broken, but I'm hoping it'll be completely destroyed by June so I can get new couches when we move! Haha! Just, FYI...

See you soonish!