Friday, January 21, 2011

Book of Mormon Fiesta!

This morning my sister and I took Ike, Fischer, and Maddie to the new Children's exhibit at the Church History Museum. It's called "Book of Mormon Fiesta" and it is all about the Book of Mormon in Latin America. Everything was in both Spanish and English and there were different stories from the Book of Mormon as well as examples of Latino Saints and how they have applied its teachings to their lives. I think all the kids had a great time, with the only major meltdown happening when we had to leave (ahem....Maddie).

The exhibit is free and will be at the Museum until January of 2013. I would highly recommend it, even for kids as young as ours.
Fischer and Isaac fishing from Nephi's ship. Fischer said this was his favorite activity. 

We had the place pretty much to ourselves when we first got there, so Allie and I even got into it, dressing up in traditional Latina attire and learning how to dance. Not to brag but I was a much better dancer than she was.

Fischer playing one of the many computer games they had to offer.

Isaac practicing his reformed Egyptian.

Harvesting veggies to feed the missionaries.

Checking out the hens in the hen house.

Playing dress up with different Book of Mormon characters.
We might have to take the kids again in a couple of years, just before it closes. I think they will love it even more when they are a little older.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I think my boys would love this. We are going in March for a couple of weeks. I just might give it a go if we make down to SLC.

Laura Bernard said...

Looks like a super fun place. And You look LOVELY in latin!!! Can' WAIT to SEE YOU!!!!!

Andrea said...

That looks so fun! I bet the kids loved it. What an awesome way for the kids to experience the BOM. Hope to make it there before 2013. :) Thanks for sharing.

allie said...

I think we need to have a dance off.....