Monday, September 22, 2008

The Realization

I've come to realize that it is much easier to watch your newborn get immunized than it is your toddler. Why? Because the newborn screams for a few minutes and then falls asleep. The toddler starts freaking out as soon as you put them on the doctor's table (because they can remember the last time they were there) and you have to be the one to restrain their little arms while the nurse inflicts pain on them. All the while they are crying "mama! mama!" and looking at you as if to say, "Why are you letting them do this to me?"
Isaac had his checkup today.
He is 32.5 inches long (50th percentile) and 22 lbs, 12 oz. (10th percentile). Still a skinny little kid. So skinny, in fact, that the doctor wants to see him again in a couple of months to make sure that he doesn't continue to drop (until now he had consistently been in the 20th-25th percentile since birth). Hooray for no more immunizations until kindergarten.
Everything else looks great with him. He is talking more and more everyday and he continually surprises us with things that he says and does.
In this random picture Isaac was playing on his toy piano when Chase decided he wanted a turn. Isaac wouldn't budge, so Chase sat right on top of him. Isaac didn't seem to mind much, since he embraced him instead of throwing a fit or pushing his "frienemy" (though, as you can see, Chase is slightly bigger than him).

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Poor little guy. I must say Sara, you are on a blogging role lately and I likey!

slingwall said...

Look at me I even know how to comment now. I am sorry about advertising the fun things that I really wish you were at. I can make your ten for you if you want. It is dirt cheap because we are buying in such huge bulk. There will be at least 200 flower clips made on Friday night. Oh and by the way quit hurting those babies. Love Ya

Kelly said...

Chase looks huge in that picture. I don't think he is really that much bigger. It must have been the angle. That's a bummer he had to get his shots. Sometimes I wish they would bring in an extra nurse to do the pinning down that way we can just play the part of mommy to the rescue when they are all done.

J said...

I can't stand the look of betrayal when you hold them down.

Chrissy Jo said...

I love that picture of Chase and Issac! So cute!

Chris and Sally said...

Maybe Isaac would be bigger if you stopped feeding him black bean burgers.