Friday, March 14, 2008

Statistics and Pictures

I took Isaac to the doctor for his 12 month check-up yesterday. It turns out he weighs 20 lbs, 12 oz., which puts him in the 25th percentile for weight (which is consistent with where he's been). He is 29 inches long, which puts him in the 35th percentile for height. His head circumference, on the other hand, was 7.5 inches (I think), putting him in the 75th percentile for head size. Large heads sort of run on both sides of his family, so he doesn't stand a chance. Since he turned one this week, I thought I would blog about a few of his favorite things (for the record). Isaac loves:
  • Wrestling with his dad.
  • Throwing the ball back and forth with his dad.
  • Dancing in the living room with his mom.
  • Yelling for no good reason in the most inopportune places (like church)--not because he's upset--but because he just likes the sound of his own voice.
  • "Reading" books by himself or with his mom (dad contributes every once in awhile as well).
  • The sound of Ryan's keys in the door--he applauds Ryan every time he comes home--the clapping usually starts before he even opens the door.
  • quesadillas
  • yogurt
  • beets
  • throwing his sippy cup from his high chair to the floor (we're working on breaking him of this habit but decided it would be best to start the "tough-love" discipline AFTER Grandma leaves to go home from her upcoming visit).
  • Standing up on his own, though he still shows no desire to walk (yet)
  • Taking baths--he would spend all day in the tub if I let him.
Here are a few pictures from his little party the other night that I couldn't get posted earlier because of technical difficulties.
Happy Friday everyone! And Happy Spring Break!!! Isaac and Alec playing while the older kids helped me make cupcakes.
Austin cracked the eggs for the cake. While Nora did the mixing. Aren't they cute kids?

4 comments:

Ted and Hilery said...

Thanks for posting the pictures! Those kids are super cute especially the little girl! :)
Can you e-mail a copy of that picture?

gramps said...

maybe his melon is big, but it is cute

Matt and Erin said...

What a cutey! Thanks for posting. Sounds like you guys had a fun little party!

thepalmierifamily said...

Can you believe it's been a year?! He was such a midget when he was born compared to now. I think you're lucky (and in for it) to have the first two close together. Aaron is the exact same measurements, except 6 oz. less, at 9 months. I've got a fatty. Any chance of putting a picture of you on the blog too? I shouldn't talk though. Buon Compleano Isaac!