Sunday, March 2, 2008
My Latest Obsession
is sewing. I absolutely love it. It all started when my friend Skye taught me how to make a baby blanket. Now I just can't stop. I get together with a few of my girlfriends once a week just to sew. Lucky for me, they all know what they are doing and are patient with me and all my questions (like how to thread a bobbin, because I didn't even know how to do that--but I do now!). They have even been kind enough to let me use their sewing machines (thank you, girls!!) until I remembered last week that Mary-Ann, Ryan's mom, left her sewing machine here last time she came to visit us (Thank you, Mary-Ann! I am putting it to good use and it works like a charm!!)My latest project is this rag quilt.
This is the "quilt side"
This is the "rag side"
My only issue now is deciding what to sew next...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
I love making rag quilts! I am not a sewer either (I think you know that about me) but this is one thing I can do. I made one for Kate's bed and now I need to make one for Peyton's bed. Your's is very cute, by-the-way.
You go Martha Stewart! The quilt looks awesome!
You are inspiring me girl. I got on a huge kick last year and had so much fun sewing. Logan just said to me the other day, "mom, I want to start seeing you sew again."
Love your quilt!
Great job Sara, the quilt looks awesome. Here is an idea for your next project...make me that same quilt. Just Kidding. I like sewing too I just don't have much time right now.
That looks awesome! Good job:)
Sara, I'm so impressed! Ever since Matt and I got married I've wanted to make a rag quilt. Sometime you'll have to teach me. If Ryan's mom ever takes back her sewing machine, you're welcome to use ours...My mom bought it for me two years ago and I haven't used it yet. Shhhh--don't tell. :)
I also really love sewing right now. My friend started her own company with her own quilt designs, Thimble Blossoms, her quilts are fun and pretty easy to make. http://web.mac.com/cjroskelley/Thimble_Blossoms/Thimble_Blossoms_Home/Thimble_Blossoms_Home.html If you can you should check it out.
Next thing I know you'll be blogging about the stellar prom dress that you sewed yourself for the 2009 prom! Just kidding, but the quilt looks awesome! Seriously, my sister tried making a rag quilt and it was really cute but it was about 8 inches longer on one side! I'm really impressed and who knows? You may be America's next top designer on Project Runway!
Girl, what happened to my link? Is this your way of telling me that I'm not allowed to come and visit you?
I love doing those too. The only thing is that the material is so expensive. I think it's just cheaper going out to buy a quilt these days. I have two of them that I made but they are five by six squares. I need to make one as big as yours. Your kids are going to love you miss little homemaker.
Your quilt turned out so cute. I know I told you before but really it looks great. I think I need to make one of those for my next project.
Super cute quilt! I love the colors!
Your quilt turned out great! You really are getting good at sewing- we'll have to keep getting together. I have a great apron pattern that I'm doing for Mother's Day if you're looking for a new project.
That is such a cute quilt! You are amazing to have taken off the way you have with sewing. Isn't it fun? Keep posting all your new projects.
Post a Comment