My friend Jenni makes some great salsa and ever since Ryan and I first tried it I knew that we needed the recipe. Jenni is a busy girl but I finally tricked her into coming over this afternoon to teach me how to make it. It is even better than I remembered! She gave me permission to share it, so here is the recipe--- as close as I could get it---she basically just throws in all the ingredients and adds stuff until it "tastes good". I am writing this down for myself more than anyone else right now since it's still fresh on my mind. I just hope I can duplicate it without her help next time!
Jenni's Salsa
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch of green onions, finely chopped
- garlic cloves, minced (to taste--I used approx. 10)
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans stewed tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 (14.5 oz) can tomato sauce
- juice from 1 lemon
- juice from 1 lime
- 8 Roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- leaves from 1 bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 small cans diced green chilis
- 1/2 cup jalapeƱos from a jar, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup peppercinis from a jar, finely chopped
- Italian seasoning, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
- poultry seasoning, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Add spices to taste. Make sure to have a lot of chips handy!

The master cook herself, "testing" the salsa

I gave Isaac some salsa and he loved it, jalapeƱos and all (it kind of puts him in a trance, as you can see from said photo) Sorry about the mediocre picture--our camera wasn't as fast as Isaac was and he always ate the salsa off the chips faster than I could snap a picture.

The only Easter picture of Isaac, enjoying his first peep. I forgot to post it earlier this week.
5 comments:
That salsa looks amazing!! I'll have to tell my mom to make it:)
When she mentioned she was going over to make salsa with you it gave me a fresh salsa craving . . . so while she was with my kids, I picked up the ingredients for my salsa. Now I'll have to try her's and see which we like best.
Thanks for sharing!
Oh that looks SOOO good. Salsa's healthy, right? I might have to make some of this myself!
THANK YOU SARA AND JENNY!!!
There are not too many things better than good homemade salsa and chips! I'll have to try it out!
Post a Comment