Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ode to a Minivan

Well, we got the news, and our dear sweet Accord was totaled in the "slide off" from last week. When I first got the call from our insurance adjuster, I must admit that I was a little bit sad, for two reasons.
First, that car (the beater that it was) was a great car. It has been good to us and I will miss it, giant dent on the side and all.
Second, I was a tiny bit sad because I realized that now I am going to be a minivan mom! Women I made fun of for so many of my single years! And now I'm one of them!
This self-pity didn't last long, though. Because I came to this conclusion-- I am proud to be a mother, and I am proud to drive a minivan! I can't wait for our family of 3 to turn into a family of 4. This van that we are going to buy is going to make it so much easier to tow two kids around. And it's got some rockin' features, like keyless entry (hooray!), tinted windows, and trunk space for whatever size double stroller I choose! Best of all, it fits into our budget, which is a must.
So yes, as of Tuesday I will be a minivan momma, and I can't wait.
Here is a picture of the kind of van we are going to get.

11 comments:

allie said...

I am officially jealous. :)

Ashley said...

oh my spicy!!!

you'll pull off the minivan look for sure Sara...you'll make it cool! =).

And you gotta love it fitting into your budget, that's so awesome!!

Congrats!! Super Tuesday here we come (Day of primaries, day ashley finds out what city, day you get minivan!)
YEA!

Mark and Aupreille said...

That is great you guys are getting a minivan, I really wanted to get one but Mark wouldn't let me, saying something about having to have kids before we could get one, or something ridicules like that.

Chris and Sally said...

Congrats on the new car! I have to admit I never pictured you as being a minivan driver. You'll have to take some pictures of you in the car so I can get used to the idea. :)

Natali Jolley said...

I think the Mini Van is great. My roomate and I used to argue about mini vans. I'll have to tell you about it sometime, really funny actually. Good Luck with it though!

Kelly said...

I'm jealous. I think this means a road trip is in the future. As soon as it warms up that is.

Kelly said...

I'm jealous. I think this means a road trip is in the future. As soon as it warms up that is.

Liz said...

Oh good, now you can drive me and ALL my kids around.

jodie said...

Yay for your minivan! So stylin'!

shauni said...

Yeah!! Welcome to the mini-van the club. I LOVE my minivan for so many reasons. They are so practical, great for carpooling and roadtrips and I must add, supercool. It's nice that something good came out of your car accident!

Anonymous said...

A dodge? Really? The only way to go is a Sienna or a Odysse. Wider, better gas, doesn't fall apart all the time. The only hard thing is finding a great deal for a new one. I couldn't believe we did. Go to Ames. They have awesome deals:)