Friday, January 18, 2008

Reeking Havoc

Erma Bombeck once said the following wise words: "Cleaning your house while your children are young is like shoveling the walk while it's still snowing." Amen to that.
Lately my days have consisted of following Isaac around and cleaning up all of the destruction he causes during his waking hours. While he naps, I pick up after him. Then he wakes up and tears the house up again. He naps, I clean. He wakes up and destroys. See the pattern?
Isaac's new favorite pastime is pulling our old VHS movies off of the shelf and throwing them on the ground. When he first started doing this, we thought it was kind of cute.
That sentiment didn't take too long to wear off.
Then, I started to take on the attitude of, "Well, if he likes it, it's not that big of a deal for me to pick up after him."
That sentiment didn't take too long to wear off either.
Just last night Ryan said, "I'm finding a new place to put the videos before he tears them off the shelf again." That didn't happen. Yet. Here's the little destroyer in action.
Leaving after feeling satisfied with the mess he's made.
The good news is Isaac is learning little by little. Here's a video of him taking a major step towards cleaning up after himself. Sure, he missed a few, but notice, Dad, how he's using his LEFT hand to put the toys in the bucket.
Now, if we could just teach him to put the videos back on the shelf...

11 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh how I've missed your videos. Isaac is such a little bundle of joy! I can't wait to see what he's like when the new baby comes. Oh, and I'm with liv, I think Lucy is a very cute name!

Laura Bernard said...

I should post the Emma Bombeck quote up on my wall! That is the truth! My question for you, why in the world do you have three Bob the Builder movies when Isaac is as young as he is? Are you a closet Bob lover? And Teletubbies, come on Sara! He can't have a preference yet, so did you actually choose Teletubbies? If you did, I may need to reconsider my friendship with you.

Kidding, I think . . . .

allie said...

He looks so cute, and I hate to tell you that the cleaning thing gets worse, much worse with two. Foo Fi and Beck both have those old navy sweats, what a bargain!

Kelly said...

Oh I can so relate. It only gets better. I can't believe how big he has gotten in the last couple of months. He is so cute!

Ashley said...

Sara, I realized I missed the videos too!!! Man Issac has some serious strength the way he put the toys in the bucket....bam, bam bam!! =).

What a cute little guy!! I think I should probably take him during church tomorrow, don't you? It's been too long...haha.

J said...

With that smile how can you not let him keep doing it? C'mon.

Confidence with Corey said...

He's a flippin baby genius! This video is so adorable! I loved it! Keep them comin!

Confidence with Corey said...

He's a flippin baby genius! This video is so adorable! I loved it! Keep them comin!

sarita said...

Laura, what's wrong with Teletubbies?? :) We actually got all those kid's videos donated, so I haven't seen any of them yet, but I will be sure to let you know which ones end up being Isaac's favorites. Does this mean we can still be friends?
Ashley, Isaac is yours for all three hours tomorrow if you want! He would love it.

thepalmierifamily said...

I'm not looking forward to that stage. Aaron is showing signs of wanting to crawl. Hopefully it takes him a while.

gramps said...

i am not convinced he's a southpaw yet. it appears that ryan might have duct taped his right hand to his back. i am still hopeful though. now if he can only develop a 95 mph speedball