Sunday, September 2, 2007

It's all Grandma's Fault

When Isaac lived with his Grandma Mary-Ann, they spent a lot of time together. Let's face it, if she was around, he was in her arms 99% of the time. During theses "Grandma moments," she would often babble nonsense "da-da-da-da" and "ma-ma-ma-ma" to him, over and over. I must admit that I thought she was going a little crazy and that I would have to let Shannon know of her behavior if it continued much longer. Well, we ended up moving to Iowa before I got the chance. Here we are, one month later, and suddenly Isaac is repeating what his Grandma taught him so many times. Ryan is so proud because he says "dada" more often than "mama," but I'm convinced it's all phonetic so far--otherwise he'd be calling MY name all the time. I guess Grandma taught him something with all those nonsense words. This is just a short clip of what he will sometimes do for long spans of time. Hopefully I'll get a better clip one of these days, but I haven't taught him how to "talk Grandma" on demand just yet.

No comments: