
Isaac testing out the baby swings at the park.

Me in front of the Des Moines River downtown. We were really hoping the canoes would take that waterfall behind me but no such luck.

Ryan in front of some abstract piece of art on the river walk downtown.

Isaac and I getting ready to watch the canoe races.

Today we decided to spend some time outside together since this past week has been extra-busy for Ryan and we were all in need of a little family time. We went to the farmer's market and then headed down to the river to watch a Regatta, which apparently, according to Wikipedia, is a boat race (who knew?). It was a little bit uneventful because they seemed to warm up over and over without ever racing. Ryan did take the picture above of the two canoes crossing the finish line (too bad they were still warming up at that point instead of actually racing). We also took Isaac to the park and tried to push him on the swings. He's still a little bit small, even for the baby swings, but hopefully he'll be big enough to try out Grandpa's swings before too long. That boy loves to be outside. The weather here is perfect this time of year. We are told to enjoy it because it won't last much longer before winter sets in, so that's just what we've been doing.
4 comments:
Love the pictures. Nothing better than the midwest in Sept and early Oct.
Love,
Dad Payne
Um hello..It's Wednesday..I need an IRS update here!! =).
Homemade granola...I wanted to surprise you with my domesticity ;). I'll bring you some tomorrow, you can try it (it really isn't that exciting, I don't like nuts so I opt 'em out) and I'll give you the recipe if you like it.
Bytheway, can't wait for tomorrow, I've totally had Sarah withdrawals...=)
oh and p.s. :
Boring the regatta people never raced, or tipped over on the waterfall...didn't they know you were watching? Hello..!
OOH, even though the regatta sounds boring I am jealous that we've been here for over a year and never seen one. You guys are mega fun seekers. And who couldn't use a little more family time in medical school?
Post a Comment