Saturday, January 31, 2015

Mid-Coast Maine

Photo taken outside our hotel room. 
Ryan was recently offered a job in a little coastal town in Maine. It was just too good for us to pass up, so it looks like we will be making our second cross-country move in less than a year. I can honestly say that until this job presented itself, I never once thought about living in Maine. But I also never thought I would live in Iowa or Connecticut. Life is funny that way. Arizona is a great place to live and I have loved the desert. I'm sad that we haven't lived here quite long enough for it to feel like home.

Both Ryan and I were able to go to Maine when he interviewed and it was really, really beautiful. The hospital is located in this cute little tourist-y lobster town. Other than on my mission, I have never lived in a small town. It looks like I'll be trading in my convenient suburban life for one in the country.

I guess I better learn how to raise chickens.

I'm really, really excited.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I'm happy for you! I've never been to Maine, but have always wanted to! Let's plan a girl's trip reunion. :)

Chris and Sally said...

What the?!!!! When do you move? I have always wanted to go visit Maine. I have to come visit you!!