Friday, January 11, 2013

Better Late Than Never...Davis Reed @ 2 1/2 Years


Having a tea party in the kitchen.

Davis will be three in less than three months, but I still want to keep up the bi-yearly updates specific to each child, so here is one about Davis a few months late.
  • This is hands-down my favorite phase so far with my little Davy. I find so many things about him so charming. 
  • He still loves to give long drawn out kisses and hugs, but I have convinced him that kissing me on the cheek is the way to go instead of smack dab in the middle of my lips. He can often be heard saying, "I wike kisses on da cheek! Ownee Papa kisses you on da wips!"
  • I am trying desperately to get him interested in potty training (I really want a couple of months diaper-free before the new babe makes his arrival--it's been almost six years straight of changing diapers--that's not too much to ask, is it?) Let's just say he's taking his sweet time.
  • He adores Isaac more than anything and wants to be just like him. One of his favorite pass times is sneaking into Isaac's room after he leaves for school and playing with all of his Legos. 
  • Everything these days revolves around "good guys" and "bad guys." "Is he a gooood guy, mama?" "Spiderman kills baaaaad guys," "Batman is a goooood guy. I wike Batman." "I going to defeat all da baaaad guys!"
  • His favorite foods include quesadillas, fruit, eggs, pizza ("mama, pizza is my favorite food in da whole wide wurd!!") and anything that I am currently eating. 
  • He is still very passionate and can throw quite an impressive tantrum.
  • He is developing a great sense of humor and loves to make others laugh. 
  • He thinks he is excited about having a new baby brother in the house and can often be found kissing my belly. This change will surely turn his little world upside down. 
Superman sipping tea. Not something you see every day. This little boy brings so much light into our family. 

1 comment:

Confidence with Corey said...

Jed and I LOVED this post! What a little stud:) Can't wait to get my cheeks kissed this Spring! BOOM!