Sunday, January 13, 2013

Madelyn Ruth @ 4 1/2 Years

One more tea party shot of little Maddie. "Davis," she said, "You hafta make sure you put your pinky finger out like this when you drink the tea." But, instead of using her pinky finger, she inadvertently stuck her middle finger straight out in the air while she sipped her Fresca.
  • Maddie loves to teach younger kids new things, especially Davis. Whether it is how to have a tea party, or exactly how to play house with her Lego Friends, she thrives on the mornings when it is just the two of them home and he becomes her little apprentice, following her around and hanging on her every word.
  • She is an "all or nothing" kind of girl. Most of the time, everything in her world is lovely and perfect and wonderful and she skips around like she's floating on air. On the other hand, when she decides that something goes wrong, it usually goes terribly wrong, and there is weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. And as her mother, it is almost always my fault. 
  • She loves to read and can often be found with a pile of books in front of her, reading her heart away. I hope she retains this love for a long time to come.
  • She loves to boss other people around. Recently the whole family was playing with her new dollhouse together and Ryan had to remind her several times that she "can't control how we play house."
  • Maddie has a very kind heart and is quick to share with other members of our family (even when they aren't so generous in return). If she gets a treat at a birthday party or while at preschool, she often saves it so she can share it with the rest of us. I asked her the other day, "Where did you get such a kind heart?" and she responded, "From Heavenly Father, of course! He created me!" Of course he did. Silly me. 
  • Her favorite foods include bread, most any fruit (but especially apples), edamame, carrot sticks with hummus, pizza, and anything sweet.
  • She loves to be the center of attention and always has. I still haven't seen much of a shy side to this little girl. 
  • She can't wait to start kindergarten. I can. Maybe it's because she is small for her age, but I want my little girl to stay little just a while longer. 
  • Of all the children, she is most excited about the baby that will join our family in the spring, and she talks about him all the time (still slipping up occasionally and referring to him as a "her."). I think she will be a great help to me. 
  • She loves to sing but can't carry a tune in a bucket. It's in her genes. 
  • Maddie loves to dance and I hope she always dances her way through life. As a friend recently mentioned to me, "Her positive attitude and friendly nature will take her far in life." I think she's right. 

No comments: