Today is my dad's birthday. I am very thankful to have my dad in my life. He has taught me many important things, but the lesson that always sticks out to me is the importance of treating others with kindness. When I went home in August I discovered that my dad, who has always been a great neighbor-- sharing his tools and opening his home to everyone--has been buying cat food for a neighbor's animals who doesn't have the money to feed them. The best part about the story is that my dad doesn't even like these cats who are always wandering around his yard. When I asked him why he would do something like that, he simply responded, "because it's the Christian thing to do."
Happy Birthday, Dad! We love you.
Even though today isn't my mom's birthday, she is one of the people I am most grateful for. She, too, has taught me many important lessons, and when I think of her, the word that most comes to mind is charitable. She is always serving and putting the needs of others before her own. She has done countless acts of service for my young family, and one that I think of often is the time when she flew to Iowa after Davis was born and took care of all of us. I'm pretty sure she went on a different adventure with Isaac and Maddie every day. They loved it. And when I found out that I was sick with cancer, I'm so grateful that she was with us to comfort us and reassure us that everything would be ok. And it was.
We love you, mom!
![]() |
| East Rock Park, June 2012 |
.png)


1 comment:
I feel like I love them too! Wish I knew them, besides a quick meeting of your mom post Maddie. They both sound both amazing and super fun. I'm sure they couldn't be prouder of you.
Post a Comment