Monday, November 19, 2012

Nineteen

 I often get asked if I have a preference on the gender of our unborn child. My usual response is, "a girl would be nice to even things up a bit." And it would be really fun to have two sisters running around together.
Playing with water, one of D's favorite things to do. 

Isaac, trying his very best to articulate an awesome ninja pose, but his bladder just won't let him.  I am so thankful this little boy is mine!
But lately, the more I think about it, the more content I would be to welcome another boy into our home as well. Isaac is growing up so fast and developing such a fun personality--his sense of humor is really starting to come through and it's fun to see. But he's still little enough that I catch him singing his favorite songs at the top of his lungs.

 And Davis' new favorite pass time is wrapping his hands around the back of my neck and giving me long kisses smack on the middle of my lips, always ending them with a solid "muaah!" He must kiss me 50 times a day. I call him Casanova when he does this and he almost always responds with "No you Casanova, mama!" I'll take them as long as he gives them to me, even if it means ten wet and slobbery ones in a row most of the time.

We won't find out the gender of this little one for another couple of months, but I think I could be perfectly content with another little boy to love.

1 comment:

thepalmierifamily said...

Whenever you find out what it is, you'll discover that's what you've always wanted deep down in your heart your whole life, and you'll be so glad. Both boys and girls are charming and fun! (and work) :)