When I was a teenager I remember my mom reading stories from the New Era Magazine to my siblings and I as we ate breakfast each morning. Even though there were times I rolled my eyes and wondered why we couldn't just eat in silence, those stories and that tradition stuck with me, and I looked back on it with fondness years later as a full-time missionary. I started to understand why she took the time to do that for us.
I have tried to continue this tradition with my children. Most mornings while they eat breakfast, I read a story or two to them from The Friend magazine. I am really thankful for the monthly issues and the messages that are in each story. It makes me feel like I am dressing my kids with a little bit of spiritual armor before they run off to school.
And so far they are still too young to roll their eyes about it.
Thanks for sticking with it, mom.

1 comment:
This is a great idea. Thanks!
Post a Comment