We are in full-fledged disaster prep at our house this morning. At least I am. The kids are clueless to what might happen over the next few days and instead are watching PBS while check all our supplies to make sure we have enough batteries, flashlights, and matches. I also stocked up on water, diapers, and chocolate, so we should be set if the rains really do start to come down.
I never thought I'd say this, but I think I miss those crazy Iowa ice storms...so much for moving to a milder climate...
6 comments:
I know how you feel. We are in the same mode (minus diapers). I miss the Iowa storms as well-I knew what to expect. Never had an earthquake and a hurricane in one week.
I thought my boys were oblivious to what was going on but I overheard them playing this morning and one of them yelled, "Quick here comes the hurricane! Run for cover." then there were several screams. I guess I'm not keeping it to myself very well. Goodluck!
Good luck girl. I'm hoping a praying that it only turns out to be a tropical storm or even less. Remember, you and the fam can always head to our house if things get rough.
Good luck! It sounds like you are very prepared. We will be praying for you. Hopefully you won't need all your emergency supplies!
Stay safe...we will be praying for you guys!
I always hoped for a hurricane on the mission-stupid I know! Can you imagine the DR after a hurricane?? Yikes! Anywho, be safe and as long as you have chocolate you will be fine!!
Post a Comment