If I could pick one word to describe Davis at his current stage of life, passionate is the word I would choose. From his sticky, slobbery kisses ("muuuuaaaahhh! Te quiero MAMA!!") to his full-body tantrums and mad hair-pulling skills. Lately, whenever he takes a bite of anything, whether it be pasta or strawberries or garbanzo beans, he makes me feel like a world-class chef. I captured a little bit of video of him eating oatmeal this morning.
Allow me to translate the video. When I first pull out the camera, he yells (that's the only way he knows how to speak these days) "cheese!" a couple of times. A few seconds later after he notices the oatmeal on my spoon you will hear him bellow, "Some!!!" I then remind him to ask nicely and he exclaims, "por fav-some!!!" That's some sweet Spanglish, I tell ya. Upon trying the oatmeal you will hear him express his satisfaction for his gooey breakfast (correction, it was my gooey breakfast--he had already eaten his but insisted on eating mine too).
Davis loves anything with wheels and refers to all cars as "Lightning" ( he pronounces them "eye--eeeeeennn"). That little red race car is going to be in my life for years to come.
Look closely and you'll notice that my stove has no knobs on it. It's because my baby has attempted (on more than one occasion) to light his own hair on fire. Needless to say, I caught him just in the nick of time. Two close calls was too many for me so now I just pull the knobs out one at a time when I need to fire up the stove.
I found all three of my monkeys jumping in D's crib the other morning when I went to get the kids up for the day, but Ike jumped out before I could get a shot of him.
When we are out in public I often get the same three comments about our D-Man. 1) How white-blonde his hair is/how much he looks like Ryan, 2) How tough he is--the boy can take quite a spill and stand right back up, and 3) How unafraid of strangers he usually is. A women at church recently said to me, "You better watch out, that boy would be really easy to kidnap." Thanks for the heads-up. I'll watch my back.
What a funny thing for someone at church to say. I think I understand even more why I absolutely love and adore Davy... he's a passionate little man after my own passionate heart! The smile in that truck picture cracks me up. I love it and wish I could give that cute boy a squeeze. Miss ya!
He's looking skinny! That chub all gone? I love the Spanglish. One of my favorites from Owen is "aqua falls." If only he could actually speak any proper Spanish . . .
3 comments:
What a funny thing for someone at church to say. I think I understand even more why I absolutely love and adore Davy... he's a passionate little man after my own passionate heart! The smile in that truck picture cracks me up. I love it and wish I could give that cute boy a squeeze. Miss ya!
Love the video! He definitely eats like a Roundy.
He's looking skinny! That chub all gone? I love the Spanglish. One of my favorites from Owen is "aqua falls." If only he could actually speak any proper Spanish . . .
He's darling. Don't let anyone snatch him!
Post a Comment