Sunday, October 31, 2010

One Crazy Year and a BIG Thank You

One of the many perks of living with an award-winning photographer is that she is willing to take family pictures for you even though she just did it a month before. I love the way these turned out. Thank you, Becky! There are too many favorite pics for one post, so here are just a few:

When they annoy each other as teenagers this is the picture I'm going to pull out.
Our family is once again over a thousand miles apart, with the kids and I in Utah and Ryan in Wisconsin. My mom flew out to Colorado this past Thursday to help me drive back to Utah with the kids (now that's the love of a mother--she never even saw the sun in colorful Colorado. It was such a quick trip just so I wouldn't have to travel alone with three young kids). I must say that I hate the feeling of having my family go in separate directions and knowing that we will be apart for an extended period of time. We headed West on I-80 and Ryan headed East. It will be nice to be back together again, and hopefully this time we spend apart will fly by as quickly as time flew while we were together.
Our goofy-faced picture

This past year our family has been on the receiving end of so much help, it's overwhelming. So many family members and friends have helped us so much. We couldn't have done it without you! Thanks just isn't adequate but we hope to be able to be the kind of people that you have been to us and somehow return the favor one day. 
I joke about being a "single mom" while Ryan is away on his externships, but the reality of my life is that I have never had to do any of this child-rearing stuff alone. Parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, and friends have all stepped up to the plate and helped me so much without even being asked. They just see a need and take care of it. Thank you so much for that. I feel like Heavenly Father is watching over our little family and answering our prayers through you during this crazy time in our lives. 

7 comments:

Sam said...

Such a cute post! I cannot even imagine how hard it would be to be away from one of the most improtant people in my life. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that time will fly by. You have been so willing to help in any way that you can so these people who are there to help you are only following by example of the person who continuously give selflessly. You deserve every bit of good that comes your way!

Kelly said...

I love your new pictures!! Chase has been asking, unprompted, lately when Isaac is coming back. I hope these next few weeks fly by for you too! Is this the last away rotation he will have to do? I can't keep track of everybodies crazy schedules. I'm so glad you have so many people around to help. I know I've felt the same way and it really makes all this so much easier. Miss you guys!

Matt and Erin said...

What a sweet post, Sara, and I love the family pictures. How long is Ryan gone for this time? We miss you!

maryp said...

I LOVE the pictures! Davis is DARLING!! You guys are one awesome looking family! I hope the time goes by quickly for you too! Te quiero mucho hermanita!

Chrissy Jo said...

Once again I am in love with your pictures. I ADORE your family. Davis is such a cutie! I just want to kiss his cheeks and love him to bits!

We had so much fun seeing Ryan this last weekend. When he was around and the kids were awake, poor Ryan had a CONSTANT shadow. It's name was Alec. :-)

I pray that the next few weeks fly by. Before we know it you'll be back in Iowa! Oh, how I can't wait!

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

LOVE the family pictures!!! I was so sad when I saw I missed your call. I am dying to chat and catch up and hear how the world of 4th year is going. I hope this month goes quickly for you and that the time apart doesn't seem too long. Miss you!

Andrea said...

You're a tough cookie! Hang in there! You have a beautiful family. I love the photos.