Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I could get used to this Place

I can't believe we've been in Colorado for 3 weeks. Time has gone by so quickly and we've really enjoyed living with Gavin and Becky and their family. They have kept us busy with many fun adventures. I for one am completely sold on Colorado as great place to raise a family. Maybe someday we'll get to return as permanent residents.
Katie and Maddie playing the piano together.

Ike, Ryan, and Maddie on one of our Saturday adventures. If you are ever in Boulder, you simply must eat pizza at Beaujo's--pretty sure it's one of the best pizzas I've ever eaten.
Picking out pumpkins at a nearby pumpkin patch.
The kids and I outside a museum in Denver. Check out that beautiful skyline in the background. We had to cut things a little short because big D was not as into the museum as the rest of us. 
Pumpkin decorating/carving for Family Night.
Ike painting his pumpkin his favorite color.
Shirts were optional. Maddie took care of the hair on their pumpkin and Ike painted the face.
.
Gavin's "pumpkin pi."

Becky's Mrs. Potato Head Witch Pumpkin.
I went a little unconventional and painted my pumpkin blue.

Eleanor went with a beautiful and colorfully painted pumpkin.
Here is Isaac and Maddie's finished product.

2 comments:

thepalmierifamily said...

I love the pumpkins! It's good to know that there are good places outside of SL to live. :)

Chris and Sally said...

I love Colorado too. Chris served his mission in Denver and the first time he took me to visit we had to eat at Beaujo's, one of his mission favorites. It was so good and I'm glad you found it.