Saturday, May 22, 2010

End of Preschool Fieldtrip

Yesterday was Isaac's last day of preschool. Here he is with all of his classmates. I love these little boys! Preschool and these cute kids are among things at the top of my long "What I will miss about Iowa" list. We took the boys on a little field trip to celebrate our last day of preschool--eating lunch at Taki Grill, which is a Japanese restaurant where they cook your food in front of you. Here is our master chef getting things started. All the boys loved using the chopsticks as swords, knives, or just sticking them up their noses. Chase watching the show. Lately Isaac loves fire. He insists on passing by the rotisserie chickens every time we are at Costco to see the fire where they are being cooked. I was sure he would love the flames at the Taki Grill. I was wrong. He loved watching the chef throw his knives and make noise, all until he brought out the fire. This was the look on his face throughout most of the meal. He let out a quiet fearful moan through most of lunch, and he kept telling me that he didn't want to see any more fire! He didn't believe me when I told him I would protect him from the flames. Robyn and Harrison watching an egg for the fried rice spin around. Maddie, on the other hand, wasn't phased at all by the giant flames. She loved sitting by Miss Chrissy and her bff, Lyssa. At one point during the show she said to the chef, "Ohhh! Perfect!" Benton was completely enthralled. The kids all behaved really well, especially considering we adults were largely outnumbered-- 5 adults to 9 children. The only tantrum of the outing was thrown by Maddie Moo herself in the front of the restaurant because I was insensitive enough to think she might need help unwrapping her after-dinner mint. It was highly traumatic. My hands were full at the time, so Robyn picked her up and removed her from the premises. Worked great for me because everyone thought she was the mother of the unruly toddler.

Miss Kelly deserved a gold star for catching the food our chef lobbed at her with such grace :) Special thanks to Miss Mandy for all of the photos and to all of Isaac's preschool teachers---what a great year!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Wow, you are brave to take that many kids to lunch! I'm glad it turned out great and that they behaved. My kids would have been going bonkers.