Saturday, May 1, 2010

Davis at 5 weeks

Davis is 5 weeks old today. It has been a crazy month to say the least (and it's about to get even crazier as the kids and I prepare to head west while Ryan heads east). He has brought us so much joy and we are so happy he is a part of our family.

Here are a few things we have learned about Davis over the past month:

He tolerates getting smothered by Isaac most of the time.

He loves baths, being swaddled and falling asleep while laying on your chest, and he is not a fan of the Binky--usually he refuses to take one (especially from me--Ryan is better at tricking him into taking it than I am).



He rides the fuss bus most nights for a couple of hours, but will calm right down if we let him play in the tub.
 
He looks more like Isaac (and Ryan) every day.
Davis at 5 weeks
Isaac at 6 weeks

10 comments:

Trieste said...

Wow...our babes sound alike...mine won't take a binky either (our other 2 loved them so that's been a huge difference) and he's pretty fussy for a few hours almost every night. The first few months are so trying, here's to hoping things get better soon!

shauni said...

He is so cute! And he does look a lot like Isaac. When do you guys take off?

Andrea said...

ahhhh...so sweet, Sara! They grow so fast! Loved the pic of Ryan and Davis chillaxin'. :)

Chrissy Jo said...

I love that tiny little boy to bits! He does look a lot like Isaac. Thanks for letting me sit and hold him for 2 hours the other night. It was HEAVENLY, and I came home and told Nick it's a good thing I'm pregnant already because your sweet little boy would totally make me baby hungry... and lets be honest, I usually don't LOVE babies. :-)

maryp said...

wow! they do look alike! I love his lips! I'm glad you guys are doing good. I hope the craziness settles down soon but I guess if it did, it wouldn't be as fun, right??? :)

Meg said...

Very cute Sara! I can't believe how fast time is going. I wish you the best of luck with all the adventures you have ahead of you. I am nervous to be alone with just one child, can't imagine doing it with 3. But you are amazing and will be great.

Ted and Hilery said...

He is such a handsome little guy! I hope you update with new photos a lot while you are away. He will be such a big boy when you return in February!
Nora has that same froggy towel Davis is using. She loves it.

Jay and Heath said...

Wow! They are little Payne's aren't they? I can't believe little Davis is 5 weeks already! Crazy! I bet your family is SO exited for your arrival. Hope the move and everything goes well.

Jessica said...

Sara, he is so darling. Congrats on #3! I just read his birth story and got caught up on your blog. Sounds like you guys are doing well. I'm so glad. Take care!

Boni said...

Looks like things are well. If you're coming out "west" to Utah, we should get together, maybe at Gailey Park and let the kids play. It's been awhile...also, both my boys didn't take a binky and I was actually grateful, I didn't have to worry about getting them off of it!