
Tonight Ryan and I went on a great date. The weather was awesome so we decided to make a quick stop at the local convenience store (Doritos and fountain drinks, anyone?) and head up to Saylorville Lake, a place that we'd heard a lot about over the past couple of years but had never visited.
I was supposed to run a race this morning that began there, but the blasted bunion that's developed on my right foot gives me trouble any time I run more than 6 or 7 miles. I've been devastated all week that I trained for the race and didn't get to run it. Seeing the lake today was a nice consolation prize.
It was beautiful! I can't believe we waited almost two years before driving up there. It's less than a half an hour from our house and there are walking/biking trails, camp grounds, and a huge man-made lake.
We spent almost 2 hours there just walking on the trail and having great uninterrupted conversation. It was exactly what I needed.
Afterward we made a quick stop at Kohl's to buy Maddie a couple of new outfits for her birthday (and found me a couple of screamin' deals as well--gotta love that). After picking up the kids and putting them to bed we made a late dinner together--El Salvadorean beans and fried plantains--now if we could only figure out how they make their pupusas...

Thanks for a great night, hubby!
13 comments:
you're welcome baby, I had a great time
Sounds like a solid night. Sara, did you find the El Salvadoran beans that we talked about?
I'm sorry about the race and all of your preparation down the drain. How long was the race you were supposed to run that is longer than 6 or 7 miles? And good thing you know a good doctor who can help you out with that bunion eh?
I was wondering if you ran yesterday. I just forgot to ask. I'm sorry it didn't work out. How frustrating! I'm glad you had a fun time last night! You're kids were great, as always. :-)
When you said convenient store you meant QT right?? I certainly hope so!
Yes, Devo, I found a recipe online. I will email it to you.
Jess, the race was a 20K (just over 12 miles). I haven't run that long since before the kids were born, so who knows if I would have been able to finish!
And Brookie, sadly, there wasn't a QT in sight, so we had to settle for the Kum and Go---not nearly as classy.
Brookie stole my question!:) Too bad, I'm sure the QT would've really made the date that much better! You guys are adorable!
I love Saylorville Lake, the Neil Smith trail that goes up there is one of my favorites to run on. Sorry to hear about the dam to dam- Good thing you know someone who can take a look at that foot!
so sorry about the race, what a disappointment for you. When I move there, we should run one together!
Saylorville and fried plantains? What a great day. Did you have them with cream cheese and brown sugar with a little salt? See you tonight!
What a disappointment you weren't able to run in your race! Maybe next year we can train for it together. Glad you and Ryan had fun at Saylorville Lake. It is awesome, isn't it!?
Sorry about not being able to run! What a fun date though, we can't wait to check this place out!
Girl, you're looking spicy hot - so glad you and Ryan could get away and have a fun date night!! And I can't believe how big Isaac and Maddie are getting - I mean really - oh hello, isn't today her birthday??????? If so, HAPPY BDAY MADDIE!! It seems like you were just calling me telling me you had her - crazy!!
I miss you!!! SO. MUCH!
Post a Comment