Saturday, May 23, 2009
A Visit from the Sisters
My two younger sisters, Brooke and Corey, came to visit this week. We had a great time showing them Iowa at its best--the weather couldn't have been better! I think I convinced them both that they need to move here. They both fell in love with the place. Their favorite hang out immediately became the local gas station, QT, because both of them were convinced they had the best fountain drinks in the world. The entire visit pretty much revolved around when and where we would eat next (in my family, that's how we roll). It was so much fun and I miss them more than I can say already.
During nap times each day, we sewed our little hearts out making these cute aprons (Iowa girls, I am still down with making more). Neither one of them had sewn since junior high home economics class. All I can say is that it took the patience of Job teaching these two jokers how to use the machine.
Maddie loves to use her dad's head as a drum.
Corey and Isaac throwing rocks into the fountain (we didn't have any coins).
I tried to get Ryan to snuggle up to me but he said "We already took our engagement photos 4 years ago, honey."
Isaac and Maddie both showed their aunts meltdown after meltdown (Brooke kept asking, "What happened to Christmas Maddie?---meaning, what happened to the sweet little Maddie she met at Christmas). I personally blame my sisters for my children's behavior---I'm sure they were feeding the kids spoonfuls of sugar every time I turned around. Now that they are gone we are all in detox mode. Thanks for such a great time, girls! We can't wait to see you again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I don't know who to be more jealous of: You, because your sisters came to visit, or Those Beautiful Girls, because they get to be your sisters.
I love your sisters & you, your family is one of a kind. So fun!
I love that your time with your family revolves around when and where you are going to be eating next. We are the exact same way. I am already planning where I am going to eat when I get home, I hope I have enough days to fit it all in. I'm glad your sisters could come for I visit. I am feeling a special bond with your Brooke, it is just such a great name.
Thanks again for the great week girl! It was so good to see you guys and play with the kiddies. Give them both a hug and "besos" for me! Can't wait to see you guys again this summer! Love you.
I think it's so cool that you have FOUR sisters! How fun that two got to come out and visit and spoil and love your babies to pieces.
Looks like you guys had so much fun! I love all of your cute family pictures! And the pics with your sisters... You guys are gorgeous!!
What great pictures! Those girls are so cute and so lucky to be your sister! And I want an apron . . . was that message for me? Maybe next time we can try to sew together. Oh, wait, we couldn't even talk last time, let alone sew!
Can't wait to see you again. I have to come down next week. I'll call you and Robyn and see if we can figure something out.
It was so great to meet these girls. They are so lucky to have you for a sister!
Then again, so do I!
Cute girls! You look so much like your sisters- you are all darling. I love the aprons, I'd love to make one! If you aren't burned out from sewing them by the Fall we should have a sewing day. We have never been to the state capitol- I guess I need to put that on my "to do" list this next year.
Post a Comment