Saturday, November 29, 2008

Double your Turkey, Double your Fun

This year we were able to celebrate Thanksgiving twice, on both Thursday and Friday. On Thursday we ate with our friends the Mons and the Bernards. Everything was super delish and we had a lot of fun spending the day with great friends.
Here is Harrison getting every last bit of his ice cream. That's my kind of kid.
Maddie loves attention from anyone and everyone, but she was especially enthralled with Mariah
The Bernard Clan, minus James and Grace
Ryan attempted to feed Maddie some mashed potatoes but she didn't know what to do with them...we should probably start with a little rice cereal
Robyn (the hostess with the mostess), being coached by her hubby, Tyler, on how to shake it on "Dance Dance Revolution"
She's a fast learner
On Friday we celebrated with the Roses, the Beestons, and the Giles family. Once again the food was fabulous and the company was wonderful.
Liz (the other hostess with the mostess, front and center) put on a great party. Here is everyone shortly after devouring dinner
Little George turned 7 months old today and he's already learned how to "drive" his little car, the smarty-pants. How cute is that?
Ed and Scott made the paper Thanksgiving turkey. We all wrote what we were Thankful for on the feathers and then guessed who had written what. It really got us into the spirit of the holiday (even though it was technically the day after Thanksgiving)
Maddie and the Beestons-she's once again loving all the attention
Isaac, once again, loving all the pie
It was a great holiday weekend that has reminded me once again how blessed we are to be here in Iowa with so many wonderful friends who have become our family away from home and who make the holidays so memorable. Thank you all!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

How fun, and how lucky you are to have some many great friends.

Liz said...

You forgot to mention the pecan pie. That pie deserves its own post w/recipe, please!

Trieste said...

I'm glad you had a fun Thanksgiving with friends. It would be hard to be away from family at this time of the year so I'm glad you have great friends there! I think you should post the pecan pie recipe...it's Curt's favorite and I have yet to make one. So, if you have a great recipe I think I need to get a copy!!!

Robyn said...

Thanks for coming- I just love you!

I'm so glad that Liz did something you know, about Thanksgiving. That was a great idea. I went to bed Thursday night thinking, "oh my goodness, we didn't even talk about Thanksgiving!" How embarassing!