If there was ever a time where I felt like a bad parent, they paled in comparison to tonight. Isaac was "helping" Ryan and I cook dinner. He was sitting on the counter in his bumbo (bad idea, very bad idea) while Ryan chopped up veggies and I stirred the soup at the stove. Isaac suddenly bent forward without warning and plummeted to the floor. The garlic press in his hand broke his fall, smack dab between his eyes. It was pretty messy. He was quite upset, but as we drove to the emergency room about 5 minutes after the accident, I gave him a sucker and he dried right up. No more tears were shed the entire night, even when they put him in a straight jacket and stitched him up six times.
Here is the battle wound:
I realize that I am developing a habit of posting pictures of Isaac being spoon fed things that aren't good for him, but ice cream was his reward for diving off of the counter. The boy loves that stuff.
I still think he's a cute little Frankenstein, even all beat up.
I finally caved and started feeding Maddie solids this week. Eating solids means she's getting bigger and I haven't been ready to face that.
She did quite well in the emergency room also, thanks to the Dora movie they put on in Isaac's room. For some reason she thought it was hilarious.
18 comments:
Isaac is a cute little frankenstien. I am glad he is okay. We all take our turns being "bad moms" so don't be hard on yourself.
Oh my...that is so sad! I'm glad he is ok. How long do those stitches have to stay in? Poor thing!
Poor little guy. I am sure that is the first of many sets of stitches.
Your kids are so cute....even with stitches. I'm glad Issac is ok. My brother Brett fell and hit his head in the same spot on a brick when he was about 3 and had stitches. There is no trace of that scar today. Give your sweet babies a hug for me.
I can't believe he stopped crying after a sucker!! That kid is one tough guy, and still super cute with stiches!! ;).
So glad he's doing okay though...good thing little kids bounce back quickly and never remember!
How did Thanksgiving turn out?
I don't think Ryan needs to worry about Isaac being tough. Poor kid. I know I would have been crying for a lot longer than that. I have to admit he sure looks cute with his little stiches. Maddie looks as cute as ever. Especially that last picture you posted.
Carson says that now Isaac is a man. You have to break something or need stitches to acheive that according to him. I hope those roads were clear for you to get to the hospital. Only 13 days left.
I think we, as Moms, always seem to hurt more than the kids actually do. We feel so guilty if we could've prevented it, but hindsight is always 20/20...don't worry about it...things happen. Jacie has gotten stitches twice...once leaning over the bed to reach something and hit the nightstand and I was right there and another time she fell off the trampoline. I felt guilty for both, but accidents do happen. He does look cute still!
That breaks my heart! What a brave little man! I hope he heals quickly!
When Mark got home last night he told me about Issac's fall and I felt so bad for all of you, especially for you. He looks darling though, the best stitched up little boy I have ever seen.
Oh, that could not have been a fun experience for anyone! At least Ryan was home with you. Sounds like Isaac was just a little champ. He still looks sweet as can be, stitches and all. Yea for Maddie and solid food!
That poor little guy! What a trooper!
And Maddie's little piggy tails are PRECIOUS.
POOR Isaac! Poor MOM! There are so many things I've done that later I've thought--"I'm such a bad mom! What was a thinking?" SO just know you're not alone in that arena and if it makes you feel any better we put our girls on the counter all the time when we're cooking! No one will want to mess with him--he'll be the toughest looking kid. :) Hope he is healing well!
One more piece of evidence that Isaac is one mellow kid--no tears through a straight jacket and stiches! I tell you, you got a good one, and so cute, too. Sorry you all had to endure the trauma. After we were just talking about ER visits, too . . . maybe we jinxed you.
Good luck healing, both you and Isaac!
Well, Addie had a fall the other day and she hurt her nose too! Not nearly as bad as Isaac, she just fell from the curb to the parking lot. So they would match!!
And i love the pictures of Maddie with her pigtails! Too cute!
Don't feel bad about the parenting thing I can top yours. It was Chritmas Eve and Nicholas wanted to ride in Tony's truck so I caved in. When we got home after Mass he ran out of the truck being so excited. Tony opened the truck door and Nicholas slammed right into it. 6 stiches on his fore head on Christmas Eve. Poor little guy was in so much pain he didn't even want to open presents that night. See you are not a bad parent I am. It is a Christmas we will never forget!
Oh, poor little dude. Awesome that he was so brave through it all.
That's so sad about Isaac, but he is a trooper!
I can't believe Maddie's on solids now. I definitely feel the same that it makes them seem too grown up so soon!
Post a Comment