Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Mama's Boy

Ryan and I have a little bit of a family feud going on. He hopes a ball will be Isaac's favorite toy. I, on the other hand, hope he develops a love of books (it's the school teacher in me). Up until last week, Ryan was the clear victor. But suddenly Isaac has a new favorite toy--his animal book. Guess who's winning now? (I know, I know, I have to teach him a little bit about directionality--he's only 11 months old, people!)

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Nice work Sara. Chase has really been into books lately too! I really hope it sticks too.

J said...

Nothing makes me happier than seeing a kid enjoy a book.

Monica Sue said...

Books all the way. Go Sara! Sorry, Ryan.

Hey I was up in Logan today, just enjoying the educational setting up there. Good times and memories.

I am anxious to see what you think of the Secret Life of Bees. I hope you blog about it. I loved it!

Becky said...

Ryan doesn't stand a chance with you at home to, um... direct Isaac's preferences! :) I'd pick books too. Look for Galoshes, Swimsuit, Sweater, and Longjohns by Kit Allen. You'll love them!

Anonymous said...

Hey...Michael won state for cross country at his high school and was the smartest one in his class. Same with college. He was the smartest math kid in the whole college. He even beat all those smart Asians. So Isaac can have a book and ball. Mike Mussina who plays for the Yankees when to Stanford. You just never know.

Robyn said...

I know all about the hubby who melts at the site of his baby with a ball! Your Isaac is a cutie pie!

gramps said...

I knew Isaac was a Mama's boy all along. I have a feeling he will be a reader as well as an athlete like his dad. -- MOM

Natali Jolley said...

Books are the BEST. I remember loving books at that age:) Just kidding. And you look absolutely adorable pregnant.