Sunday, February 24, 2008

Pregnant at the Prom

I never went to the prom in high school and I've always had a hole in my heart because of it. Until now. At least that's what I told Ryan to convince him to take me out last night. It worked! Last night Ryan took me to the DMU Winter Gala, which is basically like his school's prom. It was a dream come true! Ok, so it wasn't the greatest night of my life or anything, but we had a good time. We got dressed up (I even made Ryan put on a suit), left Isaac in the hands of our friends Cassie and James, and headed downtown.
There was a live band, dancing, food, and my personal favorite--a chocolate fountain! We met up with some friends while we were there and I even got Ryan out on the dance floor (he was a real trooper--I think he would have rather been scrubbing toilets than dancing at the Gala--it's just not his thing but he pretended it was for me).
I even got some new shoes to wear to the party. I have been needing some flats since shoes with heels are increasingly hazardous to my health considering my present condition and the weather. I found these beauties on sale at Target just in time for last night:
Unfortunately, our camera still isn't working so I only have one picture (thank you Shauni!). Ryan said we could get dressed up and take a picture (when our camera is fixed, of course) and pretend it is the night of the Gala but I just can't lie to all of you like that (plus, hello, I wanted to post about it today!). So I apologize that I have no pictures of Ryan and I together--I guess now we have a reason to go next year, right honey?
Kelly, me, Natali, and Shauni

9 comments:

allie said...

I have a hole in my heart too from not going to prom. Way to go Ryan, I don't think Neil would have gone for it.

Lisa said...

You looked gorgeous at "prom". For sure next year, then you can get a picture in front of the arch. I'll go to Walmart and get wallets made for you to hand out to your friends. -k- I'm glad you guys came.

Natali Jolley said...

I am glad that Shauni got some pictures for you. I have one on my blog of you as well. It is the same one though. You were the most beautiful pregnant girl ever at prom. Next year you will have to come too.

Matt and Erin said...

Sara, you looked amazing at the Gala! I'm glad you got to experience a 'prom.' Matt doesn't like dancing either, but he humored me as well. :)

Liz said...

I've totally had my eye on those shoes at Target, I may have to copycat you and go get some for myself.

thepalmierifamily said...

That stinks about your camera. I totally understand about the flats too. I have a hard time with heels when I'm not pregnant. I'm proud of Ryan. I don't think I could get my husband to do that even if you have a gun to his head. He hates dancing. Hope you're feeling ok. If you're in your second trimester, it's the best stage anyway. Ciao!

Robyn said...

You all looked beautiful. I share the same hole in my heart. Maybe we should start med school so I can go to prom too. Hm. Maybe I'll just eat some more chocolate, that helps too!

Robyn said...

You all looked beautiful. I share the same hole in my heart. Maybe we should start med school so I can go to prom too. Hm. Maybe I'll just eat some more chocolate, that helps too!

musson said...

Way cute shoes!!!! I'm glad you guys got to go to the Gala!! I heard it was fun!