Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Long Weekend in Utah

My dear friend Kandis was married a couple of weeks ago and I was able to slip away to Utah all by myself while Ryan held down the fort so that I could be a part of her special day. 

My sister Allie and my parents and I were able to go to the temple together one morning while I was visiting. One of my favorite parts of the trip was being able to spend uninterrupted time with my parents and siblings.

The food. Utah has great food. There weren't enough meals in the weekend. Not nearly enough.

Kneaders puts all their desserts on half price every Saturday night. We bombarded them while I was in town and pretty much cleared out their case. I love having Ryan's family and my family all together. They get each other. 

I won the in-law lottery. Post-Kneaders pic.

This girl became my sister 10 years ago when I married her brother and has been blessing my life ever since. 

Robyn! This lady became a bestie during my years in Iowa and we hadn't seen each other since we both left the midwest more than 4 years ago. Spending a little time with her during my trip was a dream come true. 

Kandis' wedding was beautiful and classy just like her. It was a dream come true. Such a happy day.

And I even got to squeeze in a quick visit with a few other Iowa and CT sisters. These two ladies were my saving grace during three hard years of Ryan's surgical training. 
And just like that, the trip was over and I headed back to Maine to my 5 most favorite people. I loved being away and I loved coming home.

No comments: