Sunday, December 14, 2014

Nathan @18 Months Old

With three boys, wrestling is pretty much a nonstop game/fight in our house. 

At 18 months, Nathan:
  • Is very attached to his muslin baby blanket and sneaks it out of his crib whenever he gets the chance. He started chewing on it to fall asleep as a teething baby and has loved it ever since. 
  • Is a mama's boy until he hears the sound of the garage door opening at dinner time each night. Then he runs to wait for Ryan to walk through the door, all the way chanting, "dadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadada!!!!!!!"
  • Is starting to speak more and more and has even picked up a few phrases that he must hear around the house on a daily basis. Some of his favorites are:
    • "No I'm not!"
    • "Go get it!"
    • "What the??"
    • "I don't know!"
  • Still has trust issues with all of his siblings because, while they don't ever mean to hurt him, they all have to be reminded that he is a person, not a toy. He is STILL more fun to play with than any toy in the playroom. Maybe it's time to get a wii. I love that they love him but sometimes I wish I didn't have to remind them of boundaries with him so much.  
  • Loves to eat string cheese, apple sauce, clementines, chick peas, milk, and anything sweet. He turns his nose up at raw vegetables but is my only child that will eat any and all of the dinners I cook with a big smile on his face. 
  • Loves books but hates to sit and read them. Just carries them around and tears them apart. I'm not sure I've ever actually read him an entire story from beginning to end. 
  • Is 30 lbs of solid chub. I heart big babies.
  • Went to nursery class at church for the first time last week. Epic meltdown doesn't adequately describe his reaction. 
  • Is perfecting the art of climbing ON things but can't climb OFF of them. Multiple times a day I find him crying on top of the stool, chairs, and most recently the kitchen table because he's gotten himself stuck. True to form with my other children, he is a constant danger to himself at this age. 
  • Loves to play outside or be anywhere that the big kids are. 
  • Gives the best hugs. 
  • Stands at my feet, barking, "MOM! MOM! MOM! MOM! MOM!" until I pick him up. It's hard not to give into him. I readily admit that it's hard not to give into him. 
  • Has the blondest, cutest curly head of hair. I definitely have an unhealthy attachment to his locks and I'm not afraid to admit it. 
This toddler of ours just rules the roost around here, and his smile can light up a room. We love him so much. 
Photo courtesy of the D-man.

No comments: